If you are having pets at home, then messy furs and stains on carpets are a common sight. We all love our pets but certainly not the stains left by them.
Deal With Pet Stains On Carpet
These stains can be very stubborn and would need a deep cleaning and immediate action to get rid of. The most common pet stains you come across on the carpets are that of urine and vomit and pet dander. The most effective methods by which you can treat these stains are:
- The easiest way to get rid of pet stains as soon as you spot them is by placing paper towels on them continuously till the wetness is completely absorbed. Press the towels gently on the stained area and repeat the process till the carpet is dry. Then, rinse the area with water and vacuum it with the help of a strong vacuum cleaner.
- Vinegar does wonders for pet stains on carpets. Take a spray bottle and mix equal parts of water and vinegar. Spray this mixture on the stained area and let it stand for some time. Vinegar is acidic in nature and can be very helpful for removing urine. This is because vinegar reacts with ammonia in the urine and neutralizes it easily. Further, the soaking action helps in re-wetting the stain which can then be eliminated easily. If the stains are stubborn, you can use 100% vinegar solution.
- Baking soda is another option to treat the stains. If the stain is wet, simply sprinkle some baking soda over it. It would immediately start fizzing. You can also make a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and then spray it on the stain. Then rub it gently with a brush so that the baking soda penetrates the carpet fibers. Leave the soda overnight. Once dry, vacuum it with the help of vacuum cleaner.
Pet Urine Removal Services
- You can lift the stains with your regular steam irons too. Fill it with water and set it to steam. Take a mixture of ammonia and very hot water and then spray it on the stained area. Place a white towel on the stained area and run the iron in a constant motion over it at least for 20 seconds. The stains would get transferred to the towel. Remove the towel and then sprinkle some baking soda on the area and vacuum it thoroughly.
- If the concerned area is poop stained, take a mixture of 2-cups of warm water, 2 tablespoons of washing soda, 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and 1-teaspoon of dish soap. Then spray the mixture on the stain with a clean cloth and scrub it with a brush. Then take a damp cloth and dab it on the stain so that the spot gets transferred to the cloth. Repeat the process till the stain is gone.
Once you feel that the stains are completely removed all that if lest now is lingering odor, simply use a pet odor deodorizing powder and sprinkle it over the carpets.
Just to be safe, conduct a patch test on a small area of the carpet. That said, if stains are tough to get rid of, it is always better to hire a carpet cleaning company which can help you in restoring your carpet professionally.
How Professionals Can Help:
If you have attempted DIY methods to extract pet stains from the carpet but couldn’t get the job done then you can take guidance from the experts. Professionals of Spotless Carpet Steam Cleaning have got expertise in extracting all types of stains from the carpet no matter whatever the stain occurs on the carpets and they have got all safe and up-to-date apparatuses with them to provide you with a good and desired cleaning service.